2017 Essay Contest – $1,000 Scholarship Stipend – Due August 20th, 2017
Thank you for dedicating your life to help others in need.
We invite you to join our ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers to support you in your studies, help you complete medical school, and get a head start on your career.
We will grant a $1,000 scholarship to the author of the winning essay, and complimentary access to any of our courses for three runner ups. Our courses include ACLS, BLS, PALS and monitor technician certification.
Your submission will be a 750 to 1,000 word essay discussing emergency medical care from the perspective of a medical student. Basic life support is a critical skill for all healthcare providers and advanced and pediatric life support are also practiced by certain nurses and physicians depending on where they are working. Please explain how you will prepare mentally and physically before performing life saving techniques on patients in your career. Working as a healthcare provider can be a stressful and rewarding career. And we are looking for your insight and advice for other students entering the field.
We are judging your essays based on helpfulness and sincerity, technical ACLS acumen is necessary in life but not for this essay.
- Submit your essay in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 20, 2017.
- Name your attachment like:
SMITH_MARK_UNIVERSITY_OF_PITTSBURGH.doc, which includes your last name, first name, and currently-enrolled school.
- Essays with spelling, typographical, or grammatical errors will not be given any consideration.
- In your message, please include the following information:
- Your contact information (Full name, Email address, Telephone Number, Permanent Address)
- Name of School
- Name of Education Program
Eligibility Requirements and Conditions
- Any undergraduate or graduate college student currently enrolled in a “healthcare degree” program may apply
- This includes, but is not limited to, degree programs and courseware supporting the following professions: Athletic Trainer, Cardiac Sonographer, Cardiovascular Technologist, Dental Assistant, Dentist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Electrocardiographic Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Exercise Scientist/Specialist, Mammographer, Medical Assistant, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Physician, Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist
- Pre-professional programs such as pre-nursing and pre-medicine students are qualified as well. Students begin their coursework but ultimately transfer to another institution to complete their degree.
- Employees and Pacific Medical Training, and their family members, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- All entries become the sole property of Pacific Medical Training.
- Proof of enrollment in a qualifying degree program may be required for eligibility.
- Payment will be made as a stipend in September 2017 to the winner, funds are unrestricted.